Saturday, February 9, 2013

February Thoughts

This is something a bit new to me. I'm now sitting outside the school, waiting for Dalton to finish his test and writing a blog post. That's promising for anyone who is interested in reading more about the wild and wonderful life of the Johnsons, but probably terrifying for anyone else.

I have to admit that being a private person takes its toll. I'm often unsure of what to say when I write here, and the danger of any form of social media is that it can quickly become a forum for your ego. That said, I also wonder about the value of speaking into the nothingness, as it were, and what it says about me that I continue to try to interest and (possibly) entertain the world by posting. Psychoanalysis welcome.

For those of you interested in something more than my pontifications, I give you this.

Our year has been reasonably quiet so far - no floods, broken limbs, or other natural disasters. Maggie continues to dance and Dalton continues to Scout. He just made Star Scout, so he's only two ranks from Eagle. We've had a couple of Maggie's friends staying with us for the past couple of weeks, which has made Maggie happy, but has also made for a little bit more chaos than I'm used to. The rest of this month, our weekends are being devoured by various school and extracurricular activities, which seems to be our new norm. People talk about stages of life, and I guess that's just the one we're in. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that. In short, our lives are probably pretty similar to everyone else's, just plain normal (except for our personalities - those, I can assure you, are unique).

Well, it appears they have released the children and Dalton should be out any minute. Until next time....

No comments: