Monday, August 17, 2009

Another week has passed by, and I am well aware that I have yet to post photos. Still, I will blithely continue on as if I hadn't noticed that small, yet pressing oversight.

This past weekend was quite fun. We did a retreat at the church that we've been visiting for the last few months, and had a great time. We had a cardboard regatta, which, for the uninitiated, is where you build a boat out of cardboard boxes and then race the other contestants in their cardboard boxes. Our boat actually made it all the way around the course, however, it tipped over about three feet from the starting line, so I ended up pushing the boat around the course by swimming, while Dalton rode along inside. Still, it was a blast. We also enjoyed meeting new people and getting to know other people better.

The kids started school on Wednesday, and that day and the following days were begun with the alarm clock going off. Normally I awaken a little bit before the alarm clock, and just get up. I hate waking up to the alarm clock. It just doesn't give me good feelings. But that's the way it's been the last few days of this week. I'm sure eventually I'll adjust to the time change. The kids have been pretty good about the whole thing, and seem to be enjoying going back to school. Maggie has already had an invitation to go and play with one of her classmates (not surprising, since she is Miss Sociable), and Dalton spent the night with his best friend this past Friday night.

I think, although I'm not sure, that the beginning of school will be good for Mich as well. It will be probably the first time in seven years that she's had some down time, away from the kids, when she hasn't had to be planning for a return to the States, or some other pressing thing. We'll see.

The cats continue to be weird, and to desire to sharpen their claws on everything that they're not supposed to - new furniture, walls, doors, children's toys, you name it. On the other hand, they seem to mostly ignore their toys built expressly for cats to sharpen their claws. Typical cat behaviour, I suppose. Again, I am not a cat person, so this probably annoys me more than it bugs other people in the house.

And that's the news for this week. I am going to be teaching a course all this next week, so I can't promise that I'll have a lot of spare time for picture sorting and the like, but one day...

No comments: