Monday, May 26, 2008

Before We Go...

Before I continue on with the lists, I'll give a brief update on us. The weather has changed over the past week, and the beautiful weather we had a couple of weeks ago is long gone, although the past couple of days have not been bad at all. Today, it has been cold and grey, and wet. We've had a couple of barbecues, which has been nice, but there hasn't really been anything else to report. Dalton is out of school for mid-term break, and today was a "Bank Holiday". So, anyway, like I said, it's been pretty much same-old, same-old lately.

This list is a list of some of the places and things that I'd like to see and/or do before we leave the UK. I'm not sure that we'll make all of them, but here's hoping I can at least polish off half the list (which shouldn't be too challenging).

Westminster Abbey
Cambridge, and in particular, I'd like to go punting on the Cam
Brighton
Oxford
Science Museum
A play at Shakespeare’s Globe
Bath
Stonehenge
St. Michael’s Mount
Scotland
Wales
High tea (preferably at the Ritz)
A play in the West End (I'd like Les Miserables, but could settle for something else)
The Old Curiosity Shop
London Zoo
Greenwich
Football game - as in soccer
Kew Gardens
Paris (yes, again)
Prague
Munich
Canterbury
Dover
Leeds Castle
Eat an “English” breakfast
Go on a pub crawl
Dover
Cricket game
Visit more markets
British Library

2 comments:

Mike Baswell said...

J. we have to find some kind of comic/scifi shop while I'm over there too if possible.

Iain said...

Forbidden Planet should meet your comic/scifi needs - http://www.forbiddenplanet.com/WhereWeAre.html