Sunday, March 3, 2013

My Last Two Weeks

The most important thing to say about the last two weeks is that I made it through them. For those of you who don't know, Mich went to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic this past week (I'll try to get some pictures from her to post), while I stayed home and watched four children. That is a lot of busy. I'm sure all you moms are thinking,"Tell me something I don't know", but I'm glad to say that even with having to cook, take girls to ballet, help with homework, and other miscellaneous chores, I somehow managed to keep all of us alive for Mich's return.

Last weekend I took Maggie to see Sleeping Beauty at Samford. While I've always enjoyed the ballet, I have to say that I was really pleased with this one. The costumes, scenery, and choreography were all very well done. Maggie enjoyed it as well, although I think she was more excited when I told her that I had arranged for a couple of horse riding lessons for her.

Yesterday, after Dalton finished his math tournament, we headed to the Chili Cookoff at Brookwood. As Maggie said, chilly chili. I don't think there were any flurries while we were there, but it was cold and we could only stay for so long before we had to call it quits and go inside. This is the second year we've been, and even though the weather hasn't been particularly great either time, we've still enjoyed it. Last evening, we went to the Boot at the Preserve, a small little gastropub like place not far from home. My opinion is that while it may be somewhat overpriced, the food and ambiance are good and I will be going back to try some of the other meal options.

In between all of that has been just the regular sort of life stuff, work, various kid activities, etc., etc. Our weekend mayhem seems to be over, at least for a little while, so I am thinking it is probably not too long before we hit the road again for a few weekend excursions. The Chattanooga aquarium is one of the first things that we want to cross off the list, having made it to Chattanooga this past fall and visited Ruby Falls and Rock City, but not having enough time to go to the aquarium. Oxford, Mississippi is also on the list. We're still working on the arrangements for our summer trip, so we'll see how that turns out. I've downloaded several iPhone apps to try out when we finally hit the road, so I'm anxious to see how they really perform. More to come....



No comments: