Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Ways and Means to New Orleans

It's been a quick couple of weeks since the last post, and I can only imagine the vast heart palpitations that are occurring in various places right now ("It's only been two weeks since the last post?! Is the world coming to an end?"), but I can assure you, that, at least to my knowledge, the world is not ending. I'm just trying to keep my end of the bargain in this whole blog deal by actually blogging every once in a while.

So, anyway, since the last post, I had a small conniption over internet flower companies, swearing them off for the rest of my life, based on the terrible service I've received. I can't recall if it was before or after the last post, but Chili's also firmly ensconced itself in the list of places that I will never go to again. I'm not even certain that I could bring myself to go there to watch someone else eat. Feel free to ask if you want details, but suffice it to say that Chili's is home to four of the worst dining experiences I have ever had.

The most exciting thing to happen to this family in the past few weeks though, has to be the recent week-end trip to New Orleans. We had visited this past summer, but literally for a single day, driving down on one day, and returning the next. This time we spent two days (kind of) attending the pre-Mardi Gras parades and enjoying the NOLA atmosphere. It was everyone else's first time going to the parades, and I think it's safe to say we all had a good time. I may have added a new favorite to my list of New Orleans restaurants, specifically for breakfast/brunch, but we also stopped at old favorites, including Maspero's and the infamous Lucky Dog stand. Still, the highlight was the parades, and the kids racked up on beads, stuffed animals, and other various parade paraphenalia. Still, the visit was far too short, and it seems like it really only whet my taste to return again... and soon.

No comments: