Monday, May 11, 2009

More Information than Necessary

I have high hopes that I will be able to update with the Ireland story soon - Michelle requested that she be the one to pick out the pictures, so I'm letting her do that, and then I'll try to post our tale.

In other news, we are in fact, slowly settling in - I spent my first (mostly full) week at work this past week, we finally got phone service, and we've got our utilities sorted. Our house is beginning to take shape again, although it still resembles this:



This picture comes from about a week ago, when I was first putting the boxes into appropriate categories for figuring out which ones were important enough to warrant immediate opening.
All kidding aside, we are very much in "unpacking mode", and while we've made significant progress in normalising our lives, there is still plenty to do. All of this doesn't make for interesting blogging though, so I thought I would share a little story of Mother's Day.
My kids are generally pretty excited about birthdays and other holidays, including Mother's Day. So, yesterday morning, we all came in to give Mich her Mother's Day cards and the things that the kids had prepared for her. Maggie gave her a card that she had made which had several drawings in it. Interestingly, quite a few of the drawings had been covered over with dark blue marker. Of course, we asked Maggie why this was, and Maggie patiently explained that this was because there had been a thunderstorm and the lights had gone out, so we couldn't see very well. It was also quite clear that Maggie is our resident snugglebug, as several of the statements in the card were things like: Mommy likes it when I hug her. I like it when Mommy hugs me. It was just very Maggie-esque, and if you know Maggie, then you know what that means.

No comments: