Monday, June 2, 2008

30 Things I Miss About Alabama

This list probably could have gone on for a little longer, but I had to stop at 30.

1. Family
2. Friends
3. Chloe (my cat)
4. Bluff Park Elementary
5. The Diplomat Deli, especially the beer cheese soup
6. Our house
7. Our backyard
8. Our neighbors (not that our neighbors here are bad)
9. Bluff Park
10. My dishwasher
11. My dryer
12. My orange Element
13. The weather
14. Chick-Fil-A
15. Mexican Food, especially La Fiesta
16. Barnes and Noble
17. Cold Stone Creamery
18. Making it to church on a consistent basis and it only taking 15 minutes to get there
19. Publix and my nice grocery bagger and free cookies for my kids
20. Target (although J. is probably glad I'm very far away from this one)
21. Grilling out
22. Getting to go to the store whenever I need to
23. All the things that we have had to have people ship over, ie Jif peanut butter, Mrs. Buttersworth, etc. We have actually found that we can get some of these here, but the price is insane, like the smallest thing of Jif peanut butter that we would pay about $1.50 for back home is a whopping $8 here.
24. Thanksgiving
25. 4th of July
26. The beaches.....you know, the nice sandy kind
27. Upward Soccer
28. The price of things
29. Girls Night Out
30. Our queen-sized bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe we can do a La Fiesta, Coldstone, and any others you miss, round in August? Sounds good to me.
AKA~Mom

Lisa said...

you can come see your house and backyard in august too and we can cook out!! :)