Wednesday, May 21, 2008

You had to know this one was coming....

30 U2 Lyrics I Love

1. See the bird with a leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colors came out ~Beautiful Day

2. Get down off your holy cloud, always
God will not deal with the proud, always ~Always

3. Can you see the beauty inside of me?
What happened to the beauty I had inside of me ~City of Blinding Lights

4. Took a drive in the dirty rain
To a place where the wind calls your name
Under the trees, the river laughing at you and me.
Hallelujah! Heaven's white rose
The doors you open I just can't close. ~Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

5. Between the horses of love and lust we are trampled underfoot. ~So Cruel

6. You ask me to enter, but then you make me crawl
And I can't be holding on to what you got, when all you got is hurt. ~One

7. In summer I can taste the salt in the sea
There's a kite blowing out of control on a breeze
I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me ~Kite

8. You hurt yourself, you hurt your lover
Then you discover
What you thought was freedom is just greed. ~Gone

9. Does love light up your Christmas tree?
The next minute you're blowing a fuse
And the cartoon network turns into the news. ~If God Will Send His Angels

10. We're wounded by fear
Injured in doubt.
I can lose myself
You I can't live without. ~ Red Hill Mining Town

11. She's gonna dream up
The world she wants to live in
She's gonna dream out loud ~Zooropa

12.When the night has no end
And the day yet to begin
As the room spins around
I need your love ~Hawkmoon 269

13.Take these hands
Teach them what to carry
Take these hands
Don’t make a fist
Take this mouth
So quick to criticize
Take this mouth
Give it a kiss ~Yahweh

14. You're in my mind all of the time
I know that's not enough
Well if the sky can crack there must be someway back
To love and only love ~Electrical Storm

15. I am still enchanted by the light you brought to me
I still listen through your ears, and through your eyes I can see. ~Stuck In A Moment

16. Through the storm, we reach the shore
You gave it all but I want more ~With or Without You

17. Started a landslide in my ego ~A Day Without Me

18. Many strangers have I met
On the road to my regret
Many lost who seek to find themselves in me.
They ask me to reveal
The very thoughts they would conceal. ~Love Rescue Me

19. I love you cause I need to
Not because I need you
I love you cause I understand
That God had given me your hand. ~Luminous Times

20. They say be careful where you aim
Because where you aim you might just hit. ~Dirty Day

21. You broke the bonds
And you loosed the chains
Carried the cross of my shame
Oh my shame, you know I believe it. ~I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For

22. To lose along the way the spark that set the flame
To flicker and to fade on this the longest day. ~Indian Summer Sky

23. Ice, your only rivers run cold.
These city lights, they shine as silver and gold.
Dug from the night, your eyes as black as coal. ~The Unforgettable Fire

24. Just the bang and the clatter
As an angel hits the ground. ~Stay (Far Away, So Close)

25. To touch is to heal, to hurt is to steal.
If you want to kiss the sky, better learn how to kneel
On your knees, boy! ~Mysterious Ways

26. And it's true we are immune
When fact is fiction and TV reality. ~Sunday Bloody Sunday

27. I’m ‘round the corner from anything that’s real
I’m across the road from hope
I’m under a bridge in a rip tide
That’s taken everything I call my own. ~One Step Closer

28. One day I'll die
The choice will not be mine
Will it be too late?
You can't fight fate. ~Out of Control

29. I'm looking through your window
I'm walking through your doorway
I'm on the outside
Let me in
Let me love you ~Walk to the Water

30. Love is blindness, I don't want to see
Won't you wrap the night around me? ~Love Is Blindness

1 comment:

Lisa said...

ok here's two of mine:

Her skin is pale like God's only dove
Screams like an angel for your love
Then she makes you watch her from above
And you need her like a drug

from So Cruel - one of my all time favs.

And -

All is quiet on New Years Day

from New Years Day

And why did I feel the need to tell you what songs they are from - like you don't know!! lol