Friday, May 23, 2008

30 Favorite Albums

This is the last of my musical lists....I think. But these are 30 of my favorite albums, or should I say cds? I also have to say here since I couldn't really come up with 30 "firsts" like J. did, my first vinyl was ABBA's Greatest Hits, I think I probably snagged it from my mom. I do remember buying the 45 for "Another Brick in the Wall" from Musicland at West Lake Mall in Bessemer though (I guess it's only appropriate that one of my favorite jobs was working at Musicland in the 90's). I still have the 45 and the release date on it was 1979, so I was 8. My first cd that I bought was U2's October, and I bought that before I even had a cd player. So I present to you some of my favorite music.

1. Achtung Baby, U2
2. How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, U2
3. The Unforgettable Fire, U2
4. Zooropa, U2
5. Seven and the Ragged Tiger, Duran Duran
6. The Hurting, Tears for Fears
7. Listen Like Thieves, INXS
8. Life’s Rich Pageant, REM
9. Hot Fuss, the Killers
10. Music for the Masses, Depeche Mode
11. If Everyone Else is Doing It, Why Can’t We?, The Cranberries
12. Disintegration, The Cure
13. Dizzy Up The Girl, The Goo-Goo Dolls
14. The Cars, The Cars
15. Dosage, Collective Soul
16. Love Hysteria, Peter Murphy
17. White Ladder, David Gray
18. Play, Moby
19. Listen Without Prejudice, George Michael
20. Nothing Lasts Forever, The Essense
21. Reading, Writing and Arithmetic, The Sundays
22. So, Peter Gabriel
23. Starfish, The Church
24. Now That I’ve Found You, Alison Krauss
25. Hounds of Love, Kate Bush
26. Echo and The Bunnymen, Echo and The Bunnymen
27. Avalon, Roxy Music
28. Finn, The Finn Brothers
29. Acadie, Daniel Lanois
30. Indigo Girls, Indigo Girls

No comments: